– When you land at the airport, go to the taxi booth to buy tickets for the taxi line outside. It costs RM38 to go to Georgetown (Evergreen, Traders and G hotels)
– Taxis around Penang are expensive and do not use the meter. These are fairly standard prices, but some drivers may be open to negotiation if you accept a regular pickup. I usually take the hotel bus to the office, but the same driver picks me up from the office every day. 17.00. It takes 30 ringgit to get from my lady Leaps industrial area office to the Traders Hotel. One way transportation from Georgetown hotels to Kulim Industrial Park is about 70-90 ringgit. If you’re commuting to Kulim from a hotel in Georgetown every day, you’ll definitely want to make an appointment with a taxi driver instead of taking a taxi back from the office.
– Expect to spend 30 minutes to/from the island and mainland during rush hour. It may take an hour to cross the Bridge and Kulim.
All these hotels have a morning shuttle service to the offices in Bayan Lapa’s industrial area.
– G Hotel is a fairly new hotel, but some rooms have already faded. This is a very popular hotel, so book soon. The real highlight of this hotel is its location right next to the elegant Gurney Plaza. They have made some improvements such as boosting their internet. Plus: free breakfast and internet, if available they give you a room with a sea view and you ask, a very nice gym with sea view, very stylish pool. Cons: Insufficient electrical outlet in the 강남풀싸롱 , no clock, no telephone at the desk with cable connection but you have to carry it yourself, dim lights in the bathroom, major plumbing problems in some rooms (my carpet was old) damp from leaking plumbing; multiple rooms i stayed had this problem) actually this hotel seems to be repaired quickly regardless of quality control.
– Secret recipe has good but mediocre desserts, Sushi King has lousy Japanese food, Nazi Kadar has incredibly delicious curries, G hotel Japanese restaurant is very authentic and delicious, Food Loft in Gurney Plaza has a good selection of international dishes There is (highly recommend) salmon and snow fish in the US section), G Hotel has a neighbor Chili’s that has really good cheeseburgers (a treat after 3 weeks in Asia). There are many places to eat fish; most hotels do this, just like a restaurant called Tao’s (good fish oil).
Beef and chicken from the street vendor’s buffet near McDonalds on Gurney Drive is a great choice for trying PG street food. Satay is charcoal grilled skewers served with peanut sauce. 20 skewers 3 dollars
-Langkawi Reef Snorkeling is the best day trip under $100. The package includes hotel pickup and a 2-hour high speedboat ride on an unforgettable cruise.
Leisure guide for business trips to Penang