Demolishing a property is a massive project, and it’s important to consider several things before starting the work. You may be busy thinking only about the demolition process and not your need for dumpsters or other materials. However, considering this will also save you money. So, how many dumpsters do you need? This guide will discuss the types of dumpster sizes and how many you may need for a home demolition project.
Dumpster Shapes and Sizes for a Home Demolition
There are a few different types and sizes of dumpsters, each offering an unusual amount of space for debris. The two most common types of dumpsters include:
- Roll-Off Dumpsters: These are the most common dumpsters used for a demolition project. These large dumpsters range from 10 to 20 feet long and provide much space.
- Commercial Dumpsters: These are more common dumpsters for restaurants and small businesses. They can easily be picked up by specialty garbage trucks for quick and easy emptying.
Roll-off and commercial dumpsters can be helpful for different types of projects, depending on their size. For most projects, a roll-off dumpster will work best. It is important to consider the dumpster’s size when making your decision, as each one has a set depth and width but different lengths. The longer the dumpster, the more space you will have for debris and garbage.
Calculating the Number of Dumpsters for Your Project
Estimating the size and quantity of dumpsters you need for your home demolition can be difficult. Here is an example that might help:
- You are demolishing a 2,000-square-foot house measuring 40 by 25 by 20.
- One-third of the home is air space with no physical material to demolish.
- Multiplying the house dimensions and air space together, then dividing by 27 results in 244 cubic feet of material.
- Divide 244 cubic feet by the cubic capacity of a rental dumpster to determine how many dumpsters you will need.
You will need more than one dumpster to remove all the materials from your home demolition. You may be unable to fit everything in just one dumpster, so ensure you have enough space.
Be Sure To Coordinate Your Demolition & Dumpster Rental
Planning your demolition project is very important. It will help make sure that everything goes as planned. You need to choose a demolition company and work out the days they can come. You also need to confirm the dates for when the dumpsters will be dropped off and picked up. It might be a good thought to have the dumpsters arrive one day before demolition begins and stay until one day after it ends. That way, you’re prepared for any possible problems with scheduling.
Schedule Dumpster Rental From Precision Disposal
At Precision Disposal of South Florida, we want to help you have a successful demolition project. We’ll do everything we can to ensure you have the space you need to eliminate all the materials you don’t want. With our help, your demolition project will go smoothly.Request a quote online to get the dumpsters you need for your home demolition project.