Every citizen of the nation is given an Aadhaar Card, which has a 12-digit unique number, by the UIDAI, or Unique Identification Authority of India. It operates as a single identifying document and provides evidence of identity and address. An Aadhaar Card cannot, however, be used in place of a PAN card, driver’s license, passport, etc. To apply for a new Aadhaar card or to make any changes to your existing one, you no longer need to wait in line for hours. The Aadhaar card online appointment system has been introduced by the UIDAI, or Unique Identification Authority of India. To enroll in Aadhaar, all you have to do is visit the UIDAI’s official website and make an online appointment.
Make an appointment to enroll in Aadhaar.
To generate your Aadhaar number, you must make an appointment at a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Center. In the past, people had to visit an enrolment center to create their Aadhaar number and endure the inconvenience of standing in line. Now, however, you can enroll for the Aadhaar card without waiting in line because you can arrange a UIDAI appointment online.
The actions to take in order to schedule an appointment for Aadhaar enrolment are listed below:
- Visit the UIDAI website and select the city where you want to make an appointment. In 114 locations across 53 cities, the UIDAI provides online Aadhaar appointment booking.
- To get an OTP, you must now input your mobile number.
- Next, enter your name and Aadhaar number and select your preferred language and Aadhaar center.
- You will receive an appointment booking number after choosing the date and time.
How to Enroll in Aadhaar Online in Steps
Following online appointment scheduling, you must proceed to the enrollment center to provide your biometric and demographic information. Check out the measures that need to be taken for the same below:
- After receiving confirmation of your appointment, proceed to the Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
- Give all the information requested, then double-check the completed form for accuracy.
- Send in your biometric information, including a photograph, iris scans of your eyes, and fingerprints from all of your fingers.
Once all of your documents and biometric information have been verified, you will receive an acknowledgment slip. A 14-digit enrollment number and a 14-digit date-time stamp will be printed on the slip.
What are the requirements for Aadhaar enrollment?
Three requirements must be met in order to enrol for an Aadhaar card:
- Document-Based: If the applicant has the necessary documents, they must include them on their application form. These documents include POIs (Proofs of Identity) and POAs (Proofs of Address).
- Head of the Family: If you do not give personal identification documents, the HOF, or Head of the Family, may present specific documents to introduce family members—documents establishing POR, or Proof of Relationship—in the event that you do not submit personal identification documents.
- Reference for Introduction If you do not have valid POIs (Proofs of Identity) and POAs (Proofs of Address), you may utilise an introducer’s recommendation instead.
Also read: Aadhaar card not received.