The process of linking your PAN with your Aadhaar is now required. This is a crucial step because it will enable the processing of your income tax returns. If you are conducting banking transactions for a quantity of Rs. 50,000 or more, linking your PAN with Aadhaar is also necessary. Your PAN can be linked to your Aadhaar in a very straightforward manner. We’ll look at some of the procedures you can use to Link Aadhar with PAN Card
Ways to Linking PAN with Aadhaar
There are two ways through which you can link PAN and Aadhaar. These are:
Linking PAN with Aadhaar Online ( Through the e-filing Website)
- Click this link to visit the Income Tax website: https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
- Click “Link Aadhaar” under “Quick Links.” Give your PAN, Aadhaar, and name as they appear on your Aadhaar card.
- Enter information such your PAN number, Aadhaar number, name as it appears on Aadhaar, and mobile number. If your Aadhaar card just contains your birth year, check the box and check the box next to “I accept to have my Aadhaar information verified.”Then select “Link Aadhaar.”
- Type the Captcha code in. (Users who have trouble seeing can request an OTP in place of the captcha code. The registered mobile number will receive the OTP.)
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar by Sending an SMS
To link PAN with Aadhaar by sending an SMS. You need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Type UIDPAN<12-digit Aadhaar><10-digit PAN> on your mobile
- Send it to 567678 or 56161
Steps to check PAN-Aadhaar status
- Click this link to visit the Income Tax website: https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal. Select “Link Aadhaar Status” from the list of “Quick Links.”
- Click “View Link Aadhaar Status” after entering your PAN and Aadhaar number.
- On the page, you will be able to see the status of your PAN-Aadhaar linkage.
You may also use the SMS feature to monitor the progress of the Aadhaar and PAN linkage. You must send an SMS in the following format to 567678 or 56161:
10-digit Permanent Account Number; 12-digit Aadhaar number; UIDPAN You would be able to view the notification “Aadhaar (Aadhaar number) is already associated with PAN..in ITD database” if your Aadhaar has been successfully linked with your PAN.
We appreciate you using our services.
Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
Unique identification cards, such as the PAN card and the Aadhaar card, are required for registration and identity verification. They both serve as confirmation of identity.
All organisations have been advised by the government to link their PAN cards with their Aadhaar cards. The following goals motivate this action:
Prevent Tax Evasion: The government would be able to monitor the taxable transactions of a specific person or company by linking their Aadhaar and PAN cards, and their Aadhaar card will serve as proof of their identity and residence. This practically means that the government will keep track of every taxable transaction or activity. As a result, tax evasion would be a thing of the past because the government will already have a thorough record of all financial transactions that would trigger tax for each firm.
- Multiple PAN Cards:
In order to prevent people or organisations from obtaining numerous PAN cards in an effort to defraud the government and evade paying taxes, connecting PAN and Aadhaar is another rationale.
An entity can use one of the PAN cards for a specific set of financial operations and the associated taxes by applying for more than one PAN card. The other PAN card can be used, in the meantime, for transactions or accounts that the entity wants to keep hidden from the Income Tax department in order to avoid paying tax on them. The government will be able to identify an entity’s identification through his or her Aadhaar card and afterwards have records of all financial transactions done through the linked PAN card by linking the PAN and Aadhaar card. The government will be able to recognise duplicate PAN cards registered under the same name and take appropriate action if this occurs.